- The act of confirming something to be true, or is a written or oral statement that confirms something is true.
For those of you who follow my Instagram page (@brxwnin_ for those who don’t 😉 ), you will know that I post affirmations on my page daily. Affirmations are a powerful tool to help change your state of mind and can be used to achieve success and improve your life. Today I am going to discuss what they are, why you should use them and how they can be used to manifest your goals.
Affirmations are a practice of positive thinking, they are statements that describe a desired goal, situation or emotion. Affirmations are usually repeated in order to get the message from your conscious mind to your subconscious mind. When you repeat these statements it causes your subconscious mind to do everything in its ability to make these statements a reality.
Affirmations work in both ways, both positive and negative. Majority of us, myself included sometimes, repeat negative statements regarding situations in our lives and end up creating an unpleasant reality for ourselves.
e.g. If you wake up and you keep thinking or saying that you’re going to have a bad day, you will most likely end up having a bad day, because your thoughts create your reality and if all you are thinking about is how long or stressful your day is going to be, then that will become your reality.
Our thoughts have substance; the thoughts that occupy our minds, create our reality. Whatever we focus on, our subconscious mind will accept as true and will align our reality accordingly. With that being said, we should try to only focus our thoughts and energy on positivity in order to create the reality we desire.
e.g. Instead of thinking that your day is going to be long or stressful, wake up and tell yourself that you’re going to make a great day, you are going to have a productive day and you will most likely end up having a great productive day.
Affirmations are extremely helpful and when used/repeated consistently they can help with achieving any of your goals.
Practising Positive Affirmations:
- You can display your affirmations anywhere you want. You can write a bunch of them down in a notebook or a journal, or you can write one down every morning and repeat it throughout the day, you can write them down and stick them around your house so that they are always in sight
- They should be used daily. You can read them first thing in the morning and then again before you go to sleep, you can even make one on your phone and set it as a lock screen and read/repeat it whenever you’re on your phone.
- Affirmations should be written/said aloud in present tense, as if they are already happening e.g. I am or I have.
- When writing your affirmations, don’t get too caught up on the how. If you believe you will achieve or that you are a certain way then you will, subconsciously, find a way to make it work